Since its earliest beginnings, IBU-tec and its predecessors have demonstrated a deep commitment and support for the communities of the Weimar area. As part of our historic responsibility we support a wide range of clubs and projects in the fields of sport, education and other social activities.
"Together, let us save children’s lives in Akonolinga" – The Kilera Association has set out to do just that: improve the living conditions of children and single mothers in Kamerun. Education, internet access and social events, all help to create a better future for these children. A worthy task we are proud to support!
Athletics is not only good for ones wellbeing, it also increases an individual’s personal performance, fosters team spirit and helps to instill the important traits of discipline and dedication – qualities that IBU-tec values highly. Accordingly, we actively support sports in our region, particularly youth focused programs.
Currently, we are the proud sponsors of:
- Soccer Club SC 1903 Weimar
- The Bowling Club SV Freundschaft Gelmeroda e. V.
- Canoe Club KGC 66 Weimar e. V.
- Endurance Sports Club Apolda e. V.
- The Weimar City Run
Education is of the highest importance. We believe the foundation of every society is the development of its youth and that of the welfare of its senior citizens is a shared responsibility. Therefore, we proudly support a variety of projects and organizations benefiting the community, including:
- Work placements for secondary students
- A children’s traffic safety book created in association with the Road Safety Association Ortsverkehrswacht Weimarer Land e. V.
- The Lutheran Youth Outreach Program
- The Weimar Citizens’ Trust for Neighborhood Assistance to Senior Citizens
- The Ehringsdorf Local Historical Society
- … and numerous projects benefiting local schools and children