At IBU-tec, clients benefit from our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities encompassing every aspect of work that is relevant to our processing technologies. One side of our laboratory work is experimental processing – the other is analysis: of materials from trials, from pilot process tests and for production quality control.
Our service includes selecting the appropriate analytical methods, the characterization and classification of materials, as well as the evaluation and interpretation of the results. Whether the task is product processing, laboratory-scale experiments, analysis or complex R&D-projects – with IBU-tec, you can expect flexible, quick and cost-efficient solutions for your material or process development.
Our analytical methods are adapted to yours, so that you obtain conclusive and comparable results. Our quality system is certified in accordance to DIN EN ISO 9001.
- Experimental Kilns
For experimental material treatments, our laboratory uses special thermal equipment, enabling us to create the optimal process conditions following a coherent and reliable strategy.
- A gradient kiln of our own design is used to simulate processing conditions in industrial direct kilns (dynamic laboratory kiln, max. 1,500 °C)
- Pivot kiln (Carbolite) with a modifiable atmosphere, simulating sample movement (max. 1,100 °C)
- High-temperature microscope with automatic image analysis (HTM) for the determination of melting and expansion behavior (max. 1,600 °C)
- A large number of muffle furnaces (max. 1,600 °C)
- Processing Technology
Whether pilot scale production or laboratory work, we prepare your raw materials in the appropriate manner for the process to be tested. Our preparation methods include:
- 2 agitator bead mills (Netzsch RS & LabStar)
- Spray dryer (GEA Niro Minor)
- Chemical Analysis
- Mineralogical Analysis
- Fuel Analysis
- Physical Analysis
- Specific surface area (Brunauer-Emmett-Teller, BET) by N2 adsorption
- Pore size distribution and pore radius distribution by N2 adsorption
- Dynamic and static laser granulometry with a laser diffractometer, in situ (particle size analysis / PSD)
- Sieving analysis
- Determination of particle size, particle shape, particle distribution and strength
- Color value measurement
- Density analysis
- Light microscopy with digital image analysis